Tkmatrix for Linux and Windows
what is tkmatrix?
tkmatrix is an education mathematical program to manipulate matrices. Matrices are part of linear algebra.
It was developed for students to learn algorithms and test own calculation.
Therefore tkmatrix can give not even a solution but all algorithm steps as a protocol (report).
It can calculate with float numbers and fractions. Solutions and protocols can be exported to ASCII, html and latex files. (other files are possible).
The math-part of tkmatrix is programmed in C++ as tcl-library and graphical interface in Tk/Tcl.
Tkmatrix can be also a frontend for Octave (A high-level interactive language for numerical computations.)
At least for linear Algebra and matrices manipulation.
Tkmatrix can load and save in octave format and run specially prepared octave scripts.
The distribution includes the program matrix too. It is pure shell program tkmatrix without GUI.
tkmatrix screen shoot
Following mathematical operation are implemented:
Full mathematical and program documentation is available only in German language.
- gauss reduction
- gauss-jordan reduction - make Hermite normal form
- solve linear equations (also not unique solutions)
- find basis of matrix
- find kernel of matrix - basis of the solution space of the homogeneous system
- determinant - by using gauss reduction
- best solution - linear regression method
- parts of simplex method (finding of corners of simplex, reduce matrix by columns)
- simplex method - maximise function and satisfy the set of inequalities (canonical maximum problem)
- characteristic polynom
- matrices multiplication, addition and subtraction
Author and Lincense
tkmatrix was written by Artur Trzewik
tkmatrix is free and with source code.
Last modified: Mon Mar 22 21:31:07 CET 2004